Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Saturday 18 April 2009

The Sun is shining...

On a happier note for this post I made one of my crafting friends a congratulations card as she has got a new job, unfortunately this means that we will not get to meet as often as she is working away but I wish her all the best for the future and we will keep in touch...


For this card I used a Forever Friends bear stamp and mounted the image on passion pink card stock and then again on brilliant blue card stock from Stampin' Up! I stamped the greeting 'congratulations' and then mounted it in the same colours. I then used Forever Friends ribbon to create the bow. The Image was painted using Stampin' Up! watercolurs and my aqua painter, which my technique has improved greatly with - my images no longer swim with loads of water that I need to soak up! I then added three papermania gems to decorate - I love these as they are so easy to use and look really effective.



The second card I am showing is a 40th birthday card I was asked to make for a family friend, I used the Stampin' Up! set Golden Oldies from the new mini catalogue - available now! stamped on whisper white cardstock and painted again with the watercolours, i then mounted this on pretty in pink cardstock, i used Stampin' Up! chipboard for the 40 and colur this with pretty in pink ink and brown 1/4' grosbain ribbon to decorate the card basre. The paper used is Forever Friends to create a border and again mounted on pretty in pink card stock.

I hope you like them - thats all for now and thanks for looking, have a lovely weekend in the sun x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Debbi! I love your watercolouring technique - I haven't watercoloured for ages so thanks for reminding me to pick up my aqua painter once in a while LOL!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Debbi, I love the Golden Oldies stamps

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x