Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Monday 13 April 2009

Busy Weekend!

Well a very busy weekend and lots going on - running around after the children, seeing friends and family to swap Easter gifts and with what little time was left over fitted in some crafting too!

I have completed my card for the Forever Friends challenge - this week we had to complete a card in monotone - I used the colours lilac and purple - I painted the image using SU! soft subtle watercolours - pale plum I then mounted this on orchid opulence cardstock and again on paper from the Forever Friends paper stack 'with love'. I used the same paper as a border and again mounted this on orchid opulence cardstock - attaching this to the left hand side of the card blank. I used three brads from the Forever Friends set celebration and attached these to the left hand side of the border and finally attached the painted image to the right hand side of the card. These are not normally colours that I use but I think they look lovely and am pleased with the card...



The next challenge I undertook was the one for 'Stamp with Us' just going on to the blog to look at other entries is inspiration enough - the blog is by far my favourite and I love the ideas that the design team are putting forward! This week we are challenge to create a birthday card.
This week I decided to use the stamp set 'A beautiful Thing' from Stampin Up! A stamp set that I have not really used a lot but I love it. I decided to make a red card again a colour I don't normally use (and for a Manchester United fan that is surprising!)
I stamped three of the flowers onto Whisper White cardstock and cut them out, I then mounted these onto three of the shadow stamps again stamped in Real Red on Whisper White and I have cut around these. I used dimensionals to mount them. For the border I used Real Red cardstock and stamped using Real red the swirly circle stamping off some of the images to change the shade. I then stitched around this using my Stampin Up! gel pen. I stamped a birthday message from the 'Cheer and Wishes' set again in red and used a dauber to colour the edges. This was then mounted on Real Red cardstock. I used a strip of Real Red grosbain ribbon 1/4' across the top of the card blank and tied a bow to the right hand side. I mounted the border under this and attached the three flowers to the left hand side. The birthday message is to the right hand side.

Phew... what a post I hope you all have had a fantastic holiday weekend and thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. the card is lovely.. well done you for managing to get it uploaded.. xxx Thanks for joining in the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice card Debbie. Funny, I don't use red much either on cards even though it's a colour I like. I like your faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Debbi. I like your bow! Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Debbie, great colours

    Jan (JayJay on ILWS) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards Debbi - I especially love the second one, one of my fave colour combos and great design! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love just red and white! This is really pretty!

    Thank you for joining us at Stamp With Us!

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x