Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Stamping on Wood! a tutorial...

So here is my first tutorial... so please bear with me!
One of the things that I love about paper crafting is the way that you can can take just about anything and transform it to look totally different from when you first started out...
I love to do this with photo frames and I love to try and make a co-ordinating card that will match... These are perfect to give as gifts.

Here is the picture frame before I started:


I then chose the stamp set and colours that I would use to decorate the frame... Some frames that you purchase do not need to be treated before you begin stamping (like this one) other frames do need treating... but a simple wash of PVA glue mixed eqully with water will allow the wood to seal and stop any ink bleeding once stamped (and this is even true of the very cheap frames from Ikea!)



Once you have decided upon the stampset that you will use and also the colour of ink, I like to decide which stamps I am using with which colour and set them out accordingly - so that I don't have to remember them whilst decorating the frame!


Once you have everything prepared begin stamping the frame - with a set as versatile as circle circus you can just randomly stamp without really worrying what it looks like once completed... This is one of those sets that you cannot really make a mistake with (probably why this is one of my favourites!!)




Once you have completed the stamping it is important that you always clean your stamps well... When I first found stamping up this was one of my first purchases and one that I continue to use on a daily basis when I am crafting - the stamping scrub and mist... I never use baby wipes anymore to clean my stamps... This is perfect because of the bristle effect you are able to clean even the most intricate of stamps with the scrub and the stamping mist - (if you would like more details on these please email me I will be more than happy to help!)


I then created a card to match the photo frame using the same coloured inks and card, the edge of the stamped panel has inked edges and I have used a tiny happy birthday sentiment also stamped in the same colour ink and have also inked the edges of this too...


TA DA!
Here is the finished project... I hope that you like my tutorial - this is my first one and I loved showing the process that we go through to create something we can be proud of once completed...
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and your comments as always are greatly appreciated!
Debbi xxx

I am going to enter my frame in the following challenge:
Always Crafting  - anything but a card 
Make it Monday  - anything goes
Smudgy Antics  - anything goes 
Getting Cricky - favourite project 
Gingerloft Challenge - anything but a card 
here come the boys  - anything but a card








21 comments:

  1. That's brilliant! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbi, this is really cool, a really great idea, thanks for sharing. :)

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I like learning visually, so this was great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a brilliant idea hun, thanks for sharing how you did it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous thank you for sharing and thevery clear tutorial. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and I like the PVA/water tip for sealing untreated wood. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tutorial hun!!! I think I may have a go of it myself...thanks for the inspiration.

    I've been thinking of getting one of those stamp cleaners. I think I will with my next order.

    More tutorials pleeeeease!!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very organised! Great easy to follow tutorial and a nice project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorial! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at the second-prize drawing!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant project - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tutorial, will def have a go at this, end result is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. What a fabulous way to jazz up a frame. It looks beautiful. I love the colors. The card is adorable. Thanks for playing along in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge fun!
    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great little tutorial, gorgeous frame and card. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial, great blog in general. I like your stamping techniques. I used to make cards as well but now have hardly any time sadly. Good luck with the blog challenge, btw.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous stamping Debbie! Thank you for joining in at Here Come The Boys, 'anything but a card challenge' with your wonderful work. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very pretty! Love how it looks on wood. Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI

    Fabulous frame! I love those stamps and the card to match is just gorgeous!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft Challenge this Fortnight! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x