Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Monochromatic...


I have been having a great time over the last few days colouring! One of my favourite things to do when making cards and the more 'types' of colouring and techniques that I can use the better. I decided that I would try a challenge that Debbi had set herself for using her pro markers - Please take a look at her blog so you can see the result that she had! Using just one colour and a blender pen - something that I have never tried before so I gave it a go... I don't think that my attempt is as striking as Debbi's but I think you will agree it looks pretty good and I love the fact that you can create so many shades by just using the one colour... I have used the colour cool grey 2 and the blender pen and an image that I got from craft group last Saturday (sorry I don't have the name)
I decided to take the image and create a card that I could enter in a monochromatic challenge and I am really pleased with the result - I have kept the card very simple and not chosen to add another colour just enhance the grey using Stampin Up's shimmer paint inking the edge of the card blank and stamping the sentiment which I, have taken from Just Believe. I have used basic black card and basic grey. The panel that I have put down the left hand side of the card I have made using scraps off DSP left over from when I covered the mirror (a few posts ago!)

I hope you like my card and thanks for looking I will be entering the card in the challenge on Crafty Cardmakers

4 comments:

  1. Debbi this is beautiful. Love the image and you have showcased it fabulously on your card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a col look and just shows that you don't need dozens of pens to get a great effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like monochromatic work and this is lovely. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x