Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Thursday 1 July 2010

Candles...

This Saturday I spent the afternoon at my cousins birthday party it was her 40th and I had not seen her for a couple of years. She didn't want me to get her anything - but I could not turn up without anything. After some digging from my auntie I decided to stamp her a set of candles in her favourite colours and make a card to match - this a major challenge for me as I had never stamped a candle before and I had no idea what to do or whether I had the right stuff to do it!
I decided to do something quite simple to complete in case it all went horribly wrong, I used the circle circus stamp set and the colours melon mambo, rich razzleberry and summer sun. To stamp the candles you stamp the required image onto tissue paper, cut arounf the image and then place where you want this to go. Then you wrap grease proof paper tightly around the candle once you have a firm grip you use a heat gun to seal the image in. When holding the heat gun on the candle you can see the image change, once this has happened you can slowly peel the grease proof paper off and TA DA! the candle is done. I cannot believe how effective they look and how easy they are to do. I hope my cousin liked them - it is always very difficult to get a gift for someone who you don't really know and don't see very often.
So for the card I used the same stamp set and the colours melon mambo, rich razzleberry, soft suede and summer sun I created two panels of whisper white and mounted this on melon mambo, then attached this to the card blank that was rich razzleberry. I random stamped the panels using 8 of the stamps two for each colour and again I love the effect - it is my most used stamp set, but I am still trying not to use (honest!)
I hope you like what I made, something completely different for me and new - thanks for looking and your comments are appreciated! Debbi x x x

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to stamp on the candles I have never thought of it but might give this a try now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello buddy these are great. I'll have mine in red & black please :O) Hugs SamXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing ... real red please X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh well done Debbi. I love those candles and I still haven't tried this technique yet. Good to know that it isn't too difficult. Bet your cousin loved them.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x