Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Sunday 4 April 2010

ILWS CHALLENGE NIGHT...


Last night saw the ILWS Challenge Cup where we were split into four teams Giraffes, Lions, Owls and Monkeys. The fun started at 7.00pm and we were all set ready to craft! The first challenge was posted and it was to incorporate the babywipe technique into your card. I managed 3 cards for this challenge and surprised myself as I have never done this technique before and was not really sure what to do as I don't have reinkers! So in true crafter style - I just squished the lid and loaded my babywipe with colour. For this technique I just rapidly wiped my piece of whisper white card with the babywipe - I hope you like them! I have used Lovely as a Tree and Bloomin with Beauty as the stamp sets.
The second challenge was something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. So for this old - fun and fast notes from starter kit, new - dot, dot, dot borrowed - card candy and blue was bashful blue card and ink. Quickly stamped some images and made the cards up inking the edges to add definition to the layers. I hope you like these cards - this was a fun challenge trying to find something crafty you have borrowed - when in a rush and it also have to matches!
Challenge 3 was a real challenge for me - punch art - not my cup of tea at all but I gave it a go - made a flower using the three heart punch and matted and layered it and added the stamp from Bloomin with Beauty. Some people made loads and managed to have up to 10 added - my lowly two did help the team though
Challenge 4 was a little easier - doodling your project had to incorporate The first one I did was a quick wedding picture and I added a frame around the photo and also stamped using vintage vogue available in the mini. The cards I just added a quick faux stitch to each layer and the card blank. For these cards I used circle circus, with rose red and black.
Challenge 5 was an inspiartion challenge - so difficult as it was very late and I was so tired I found this very hard. I think I did ok though!
It was a very eventful night and a lot of fun! make sure you take part in the next one - one final point to make it was a very close race in terms of the number of cards loaded - but the giraffes were just a neck ahead! and we won! HHOOORRRAAAYYY

2 comments:

  1. Well done I'm sorry I missed it I'll be in on the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull challenge cards, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x